Grumpy
old man Speaks
on
: Getting social security benefits
I'm
sure you have all seen the TV, and print ads. “ Tired of getting
the run around, and denied benefits for social security, call (
insert lawyers name) we'll get you the benefits you deserve!!!”
What they don't tell you is that they will be taking ten percent of
all your potential payments for the rest of your miserable life,
right off the top. Great deal for them , They get their money now;
you, if the government collapses, social security runs out of money,
or you happen to live for forty more years, you may be left holding
the empty bag at the end of your life.
Disability
is one of the government programs, that is most often abused. I'm to
lazy to go look up the exact statistics, but its estimated that over
thirty five percent of disability claims are fraudulent, that's a
good third edging into almost half . In fact I saw a news story about
a county in Kentucky that due to the help of unscrupulous Doctor's
and one sleazy Lawyer, over half the population is on disability!
Co-incidentally over seventy percent of the population is unemployed.
I
heard when I first applied for benefits, that it could take up to
two years and everybody was turned down the the first time. I was
prepared for a big fight. Much to my surprise they approved my
application in six months. After I got over my initial shock, I
called my adjudicator, and said 'hey, whats the deal? I was told two
years, lawyers, and standing on your lawn with a gun to my head was
to be expected.'
He
told me with a laugh, “ if you keep your appointments, fill out
your paperwork in a timely manner, answer honestly, and have the
necessary documentation for your injury, its a slam dunk... Most
people don't do what's asked, don't fill out their paperwork on time,
and have dubious documentation.”
Meaning
they are lying their ass off. Most fraudulent claims are possible
because there are some injury’s that are hard to disprove. Back and
neck pain among others are hard to disprove. Nerve damage does not
always show up on x-rays. And pain is a difficult thing to prove or
disprove, One mans annoying hangnail is some others agonizing,
blinding pain, leaving them with headaches, nausea, impotence,
blurred vision, and terminal flatulence About the only way they
catch cheaters is they file one to many disability claims, or they
catch them red handed claiming they can't walk, and catch's them on
film playing ball with their son, working, or dancing. Yes, its
always cheaters, and dishonest people that make life difficult for
the people that need help. But you can do your part, if you know
someone that's a disability cheater, please turn them in, or better
yet take a baseball bat to their ribs. Please not their knees or
back, god forbid they actually become disabled and unable to work.
No comments:
Post a Comment